Thursday, June 5, 2014

How to Love Your Spouse

According to Gary Chapman, there are 5 love languages. Why am I telling you this? I will explain, but first let me briefly tell you the 5 love languages.

1. Gifts

2. Quality Time

3. Word of Affirmation

4. Acts of Service

5. Physical Touch


I could explain each one in more detail. Perhaps someday if you wish. However, it is important to remember these love languages.

Does your spouse enjoy receiving gifts from you more than other acts of love? Or does he/she enjoy spending quality time with you? How have you given your husband/wife positive words of affirmation (Written and (or) verbal)? Would your spouse enjoy some sort of act of service done to them or for them? Or would he/she simply just wants a rub down?

You see, most couples feel most loved one way and yet they give love how they like to receive it. However, their spouse prefers a different love language. What I mean is this, let's say I love receiving gifts. So, to my spouse I will more easily give gifts to my spouse. However, wonder if my spouse feels most loved by physical touch? This is often true for both spouses.

This is very important to realize. Not only can you communicate to your spouse how you feel most loved, but now can communicate to him/her to ask what he/she desires. This is a great privilege to be able to serve your spouse.

If you have not already, print out the Sex Survey and go through it with your spouse. It will be worth it!

*What was the time that you felt most loved by your spouse?
*When was the time that you showed the most love to your spouse?

-Blissful Intimacy