Monday, April 7, 2014

Expectations

The other day, I was convicted with my own expectations.  I hate expectations.

The reason I hate expectations so much is because it seems like there is no way to have expectations and to serve your spouse in a living way.  Hear me out...

If I expect my spouse to wash the dishes when I prepare him food, am I allowing him to actually serve me?

Or if I do laundry for her, am I expecting her to have sex with me?  Again,  how can she serve me if I am expecting?

Expectations do not allow our spouses to serve us and it may be impossible for us to lovingly serve our spouses. If I expect something in return, I have a hidden agenda and if I have a hidden agenda, am I serving my spouse?


  • Do you have expectations for your spouse?
  • Are all expectations bad?
  • How can you serve your spouse this week?
-Blissful Intimacy


*photo taken from callcentrehelper.com